Sometimes while using SharePoint we come up with the requirement of capturing the date when user change the status or any column with some value.
In this post, I will discuss, how to capture date based on status column value of the list or library
- Open you site using SharePoint Designer and under Site Objects look for Lists and Libraries
- Click on it and select the list or libraries where you want to create the workflow
- Once you open the library or list, click on new under workflow
Note: Before creating workflow create a column which we will use to capture the date for example end date.
- Give the name of the work flow and select the platform type
- Once you land on the edit mode, create workflow something like this
Here start with Wait for Status (Column name) to equal to Approved ( one of the option)
then Set End Date column name type date to today
then Log the status in the workflow history list for debug purpose.
- On the setting page of workflow under start options, check the option start workflow automatically when the item is created
- Save and publish the workflow and its done
I hope this will help you to create report and tracking start and end date of the process.